DATE: February 28, 2020
POSITION: The Baldwin UFSD is seeking a collaborative, creative and innovative school leader as Principal of the Baldwin Middle School. The new Principal will have the opportunity to work in a nationally recognized, innovative school district.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Middle School Principal is responsible for the leadership, supervision and administration of the Baldwin Middle School.
REPORTS TO: The Superintendent of Schools
EFFECTIVE DATE: 2020-2021 School Year
- A valid New York State SBL or SAS Certificate;
- Minimum five years teaching experience;
- Experience secondary Principal preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Willingness to learn and grow professionally
- Ability to inspire excellence in others;
- Innovative in creating novel programs and opportunities for all students;
- Strong and collaborative leadership with an honest, transparent, and inclusive style that supports high student outcomes and educational excellence;
- Leverages deep knowledge of differentitated instruction and instructional strategies;
- Knowledge about the implementation and supervision of the APPR process;
- Persistent use of data and researched-based focus on student achievement;
- Knowledge and effective use of technolgy in instruction, management, and communication;
- Demonstrates experience in building partnerships and resources and a willingness to work with various community partners;
- Outstanding and visible communication skills with the ability to welcome interaction with all members of the school community (students, teachers, families) and community at large to advance the school's mission/vision
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary in accordance with the Association of Baldwin Administrators contract, 11 month position.
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: March 20, 2020
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Apply online only at http://baldwinschools.recruitfront.com by the deadline date. Please address cover letter to Dr. Shari L. Camhi, Superintendent of School by the deadline date.
Diverse candidates encouraged to apply.